We are Which? magazine trusted traders




Damp and mould in rented property

 Black Mould advice for Landlords




If you rent your property, major repairs are usually the responsibility of your landlord. This includes repairs to the structure and exterior of the property, heating and hot water installations, and sanitary installations. If you are renting out property as an investment for the future or retirement you know it is in your interests as well as your tenants to keep the property in good order. Condensation and mould problems are often a combination of lifestyle and ventillation problems, a tenant can go a long way towards keeping these problems at bay - ask them to read our condensation section if they start complaining.

If the tenant has involved the environmental health department you will need to take action, contact us directly and we will let them know we are on the case to get them off your back. We will attend the property, educate your tenants and supply you with a full report on the problem. If it is the tenants lifestyle we will put that in the report and you can send a copy to the environmental health officer, if it is something else we will quote you to put things right, we have all the answers and they often cost less than you would expect. before you worry too much have it checked by the professionals - the answer could be to do with the tenants lifestyle!!


Standards in your home

Rental properties should be free of health and safety hazards, landlords should ensure that problems in the home are dealt with before they lead to poor health or cause accidents.

Hazards can arise in the home because of its design, wear and tear, or a lack of maintenance. The most common hazards involve:

  • Mould growth, Dampness and other health threatening conditions 
  • Safety, internal and external handrails, steep stairs and poor lighting which may lead to slips trips or falls 
  • Poor insulation, Inadequate heating and general disrepair 
  • Problems causing inadequate personal and domestic hygiene 
  • Fire safety 

In general it is the landlords responsibility to check and ensure the property is maintained as a warm and safe environment for the people who live there. The landlord may also need to take into account the requirements of tenants with special needs.

Damp Mould and mildew, Help for landlords

Contact us with your problems at the very least we can send you our informative guide to help you decide the best form of action. The guide includes everything from professional solutions, survey, quote and installation all done for you to simple steps you can take for less serious problems and DIY solutions for Damp, Condensation and mould within properties. click here

Customer Feedback

So pleased I found this Company!

Very impressed with the range of professional services & product delivery  provided.  With a number of house issues promptly identified and rectified I feel like my home has been given a new lease of life! Can without reservation recommend Mike and the team as they give an excellent standard of work, value for money and do go that extra mile to get you sorted.

Dee Ford, Jesmond

 Read more customer feedback here


Contact Us
Use this form to:-
Request a Surveyor to visit
Request a callback
Send a Message


Triton approved contractors 

Approved Contractors