Black Mould advice for Landlords

Black Mould advice for Landlords

If you rent your property, major repairs are usually the responsibility of your landlord. This includes repairs to the structure and exterior of the property, heating and hot water installations, and sanitary installations. If you are renting out property as an investment for the future or retirement you know it is in your interests as well as your tenants to keep the property in good order. Condensation and mould problems are often a combination of lifestyle and ventilation problems, a tenant can go a long way towards keeping these problems at bay - ask them to read our condensation section if they start complaining.

If the tenant has involved the environmental health department you will need to take action, contact us directly and we will let them know we are on the case to get them off your back. We will attend the property, educate your tenants and supply you with a full report on the problem. If it is the tenants lifestyle we will put that in the report and you can send a copy to the environmental health officer, if it is something else we will quote you to put things right, we have all the answers and they often cost less than you would expect. before you worry too much have it checked by the professionals - the answer could be to do with the tenants lifestyle!!

Standards in your home

Rental properties should be free of health and safety hazards, landlords should ensure that problems in the home are dealt with before they lead to poor health or cause accidents.

Hazards can arise in the home because of its design, wear and tear, or a lack of maintenance. The most common hazards involve:

  • Mould growth, Dampness and other health threatening conditions
  • Safety, internal and external handrails, steep stairs and poor lighting which may lead to slips trips or falls
  • Poor insulation, Inadequate heating and general disrepair
  • Problems causing inadequate personal and domestic hygiene
  • Fire safety

In general it is the landlords responsibility to check and ensure the property is maintained as a warm and safe environment for the people who live there. The landlord may also need to take into account the requirements of tenants with special needs.

Damp Mould and mildew help for landlords

Contact us with your problems at the very least we can send you our informative guide to help you decide the best form of action. The guide includes everything from professional solutions, survey, quote and installation all done for you to simple steps you can take for less serious problems and DIY solutions for Damp, Condensation and mould within properties. Contact us.

Call and book your free visit for help and advice

If you think you have a problem and would like some expert advice why not talk to a fully vetted and accredited Which? magazine TRUSTED TRADER where you know you will receive an honest and fair appraisal of your problem and a highly competitive price if any work is needed!

Which trusted trader accreditation
Triton Approved Contractor Logo

Whatever your thoughts, questions or concerns may be, everything starts from a first step, the first step in this case is to get in touch, we will send a friendly helpful surveyor to you. You are then free to run your thoughts and ideas past him, he will sit down, chat with you and tell you whether what you want to do is practical and possible, if there are any more practical or cost effective alternatives you may not have thought of and give you an approximate cost for your project. We realise you may need a little help to decide what is possible, so we provide this service free of charge and with no obligation - except perhaps a coffee while we chat!

What areas do we cover?

We have teams covering the north-east however we can also assist nationwide. The areas we cover are shown below:

Northumberland 01670 707228

Covering but not limited to: Bedlington, Cramlington, Hexham, Morpeth, Northumberland, Tynedale.

Newcastle / Tyneside 0191 4066488

Covering but not limited to: Gateshead, Gosforth, Heaton, Jesmond, Low Fell, Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Shields, North Tyneside South Shields, South Tyneside, Team Valley, Tynemouth, Whickham, Whitley Bay.

Sunderland 0191 5947946

Covering but not limited to: Boldon, Sunderland, Washington.

County Durham and surrounding areas 0191 3385384

Covering but not limited to: Barnard Castle, Bishop Aukland, Chester-le-street, Consett, Crook, Durham, Sedgefield, Stanley, Wear Valley.

Nationwide 0800 0502400

We offer a nationwide service in other areas through our network of manufacturer vetted and approved contractors - just contact us for any UK area and we will do the rest.

Happy Customers Feedback

Back to top